Challenges of Beer Distribution
Hi everyone. Today, I'm going to talk on behalf of Dynavistics about the challenges of beer distribution.
If you're a beer distributor, you know that no matter how profitable your business may be, it comes with its very own set of challenges and you might find yourself asking questions like:
- How can I be sure I'm effectively managing my inventory?
- How can I ensure that the demand will not outstrip my supply?
- How can I reduce the impact of wasted product hitting my bottom line?
- How can I manage the perennial problem of credit control and cash flow?
Well, we at Dynavistics offer a complete beer distribution software solution based on Microsoft Dynamics GP. It provides everything you'll need to manage:
- Purchasing and inventory forecasting
- Inventory management
- Sales order entry
- Vehicle load planning
- And the pick/pack/ship cycle.
Let's go ahead and discuss these in a little bit more detail.
The key for any distributor is managing the balance between having the right levels of inventory and maintaining high levels of customer service. Dynavistics’ core beer distribution software achieves this balance by generating accurate beer demand forecasts using the Advanced Inventory Replenishment, which utilizes the industry standard formulas to predict the future demand for the upcoming period. This process can include:
- Generating automatic purchase orders so the right product is ordered at the right price, at the right time
- Maintaining current and future vendor prices for all the potential suppliers to ensure that the distributors can pay the lowest price on every PO
- Using just-in-time purchasing along with batch traceability and the best-before dates to minimize product waste
- And speedy processing of receipts and invoice matching.
It can be a constant battle to manage limited availability of product with the demand and expectations of your customers. Dynavistics can help this by:
- Reserving inventory for certain customers
- Maintaining visibility of beers and kegs being transferred between sites
- Providing visibility of inventory and multiple units of measure and offering split packs
- And managing the cost implications of moving beers between bonded and duty paid sites.
Our core beverage/beer distribution software solution provides everything you'll need to manage:
- Sales order
- And vehicle loading.
And, of course, with the premium solution you'll also receive delivery and accounts receivable management functionality, giving you and your business the end-to-end technology solution and significant competitive advantage in the beer industry.
Thanks so much for tuning in and, from all of us at Dynavistics, have a great day!